In 2005, this stuff happened:
- Craig Ferguson becomes the host of “The Late Late Show” on CBS
- Condoleezza Rice is sworn in as U.S. Secretary of State, becoming the first African American woman to hold the post.
- Israel and Palestinians agree to ceasefire.
- Steve Fossett becomes the first person to fly an airplane around the world solo without any stops without refueling
- Star Wars: Episode III – Revenge of the Sith directed by George Lucas, starring Ewan McGregor, Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman premieres at the Cannes Film Festival
- YouTube, the popular Internet site on which videos may be shared and viewed by others, is launched in the United States.